Introduction to ArchiCAD, Part 1 (AC101)Hosted by AEC InfoSystems
August 21, 2013 | 9:00AM - 5:00 PM
AEC Infosystems, Inc.
1 Village Square, Suite 135
Baltimore, MD 21210
Facility Phone#: (410) 435-3600
Topics covered in this one-day class include:
1. SET THE STAGE: Introduction to BIM; Setting up ArchiCAD
2. INTRO TO ARCHICAD: Starting ArchiCAD with a Template; Loading Libraries; Quick Tour of the interface
3. INTERACTION WITH ARCHICAD: Standard Mouse Technique; Drawing New Elements; Selecting Existing Elements; Editing Elements
4. START A VIRTUAL BUILDING (Building Information Model): Schematic Design;
5. TRACE & COMPARE: Selecting Trace Reference for the Navigator; Trace & Reference Palette; Examples of Using Trace
6. CREATE VIEWS OF THE BIM - Data becomes Information: Model Views vs. View Points; Creating New Views
7. LAYOUT BOOK - Create and Print New Layout Sheets: Placing Drawings on a Sheet; Automatic Drawing Updates; Printing Drawing Sheets
Class size is limited to 8 students. AEC will provide a computer (Mac or Windows)for each participant to work on. There will be a 60 min. lunch break and two 15-minute breaks.
To register for this class, call AEC Infosystems at (410)435-3600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All major credit cards accepted.
The complete Introduction to ArchiCAD course consists of this class - Part 1 (AC101) and a second class, Part 2 (AC102). See the listing for AC102 for details.
PREREQUISITES: General working knowledge of computer operation.
AIA Learning Units: 6.5
August 20, 2013
We're sorry, but registration for this event is now closed.
If you would like to stay on our mailing list for future event announcements, please click here.
Please return to the events page and choose an event to display.